Friday, August 22, 2008

Parenting

Okay, now I am going to vent. Yesterday we went to the mall. My sister came with me and the kids. We took turns playing with the kids at a play area. While I was watching the kids play a little boy started to be a little aggressive. I didn't say anything at first. I just watched. Andrew started to climb up this little tree house when the boy started pushing him. I stood up and started walking over just as he pushed Andrew completely off and on his back. No parents said a word. So I did. I said in my mean mom voice "DON'T PUSH HIM". That is when the mom come over and said in her nice sweet voice, "you need to play nice.". She them kept telling her son not to play with Andrew. As if it were his fault. After we left I found out that the little boy was pushing and kicking most of the kids that were there playing, and that the mom told the other parents that her son just gets frustrated. When did it get to be alright for kids to act like this. Too many parents refuse to tell their kids "no". I know I am not the only one who feels like there are a lot of kids being raised to be complete and utter brats!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

wow....wish i could have been there to see this happen...oh wait i was there. . .