Tuesday, September 29, 2009

He thinks he is so big.

Yesterday I was enjoying a nice quiet day...Quinci was napping, girls were at school, and Andrew was at a friends house. While I was enjoying my quiet...someone knocked at my door. It was my neighbor asking me if Andrew was walking down the sidewalk. I told him that it couldn't be Andrew because he was at a friends house, but I looked anyway. It was of course my little guy. When I asked Andrew why he walked home he replied "I need my swim shorts." A minute later the mom of the friend came driving up frantic that she couldn't find Andrew. She had looked all over the place for him. He totally did not understand that it was wrong to walk home. The friends house is about .5 miles or more away and they live on a busy street. I wouldn't let my oldest walk there on her own. He thinks he is so big.

1 comment:

Garity said...

Ok, I'd freak out over this...scary! My nerves have been challenged while living here in Mexico because last week my seven year old was just dropped off by the bus driver a few blocks away from our house in a super busy glorietta (it's like a roundabout) and he got a ride home from a stranger (of course it's on the blog). I'd like to go back to just being freaked out about my kids walking up a busy street in the US. Kiss the ground there for me.